?

Log in

Nov. 12th, 2004 @ 05:48 pm Standing
Disposition: guilty = Scott Peterson
Media: "The Red" ~ Chevelle
Where does everyone stand with time-on-hand and such? Just wanting to know when I may be able to ask for small resources to be made for Ghastly. As I understand it, Veo is modelling and getting to animation soon enough. What's everyone else up to?
togamario:
Aug. 22nd, 2004 @ 09:08 pm Progress!
Myself and Toga got together during the weekend and labored over Ruins. The code was opened up exactly a year and a day since it was first put together. And an age-old dilema regarding getting the models in the game was overcome. I'll list the progress we made below:

* Process finalized for getting characters into the game. (rather lengthy, but it works)
* First official player model has been put into the game, the Luthorian swordsman.
* 3rd-person camera view by default
* Player name over character's head disappears with distance
* Camera clipping has been fixed. It now collides with terrain and objects (ie, doesn't go through)
* Camera vertical movement issue has been fixed (height now stays relative to the player)
* Test level has been replaced with the Ghastly's Graveyard test level. (more appealing to the eye, no end of world to fall off of)
* DEATH! Currently caused by the evil "Blue Cube of Death", the player's health quickly drops to zero, falls down dead and can no longer move.
* Multiple animation states. The Luthorian currently has an idle, walk, and death. All work perfectly.
* Additional progress made on the level editor item placement system.

(this is all in addition to the multiplayer connection we already had, and embedded chat)

Next up: combat

Visit www.togamario.com for screenshots of our work this weekend.
the_veo:
Jul. 27th, 2004 @ 09:34 pm Wise beyond your years
Good work Tyler. While using Photohop briefly today, I noticed that the saving option was off of Baseline and on Progressive instead. As you suspected, it explains why Maya stopped accepting the textures.

Now, if I could just get away from my nephew and find some free time during the day...I could continue on my work.
the_veo:
Jul. 20th, 2004 @ 05:42 pm Yay!
I've figured out the UV sets for the Luth model, and have now begun texturing. It will still probably take a hell of a long time though.
the_veo:
Jul. 11th, 2004 @ 07:30 pm Tree Update
Disposition: creative
Media: Finger Eleven - "Slow Chemical"
Did some texture work on it, gonna try to do some ferns or something on it.

togamario:
Jul. 10th, 2004 @ 07:01 pm Slight holdup
Luthorian UVs are all done and layed out. I've followed the UT tuts, and assigned a different texture to both the Body, and the Head. And then made each of those to independantly cover the full UV space.

The problem...is that when I do a UV snapshot, BOTH the Body and Head are on it...jumbled together. Apparently UV snapshot has no regard for different materials...only meshes.

Does anyone (Tyler, I'm looking at you) know a fix? So that I can get 2 seperate UV snaphots of the same mesh, where the 2 are different materials.
the_veo:
Jul. 3rd, 2004 @ 12:07 am Progress and random Projects
I spent almost all of yesterday doing the UV layout on the Luthorian. All his parts are nice and tidy now...but I've just got to figure a way to best cram them into the little grid. At least I can apparently do his head and body seperate...that'll give me a bit more room to work with. But don't expect any impressive results with the texturing any time soon.

Today I took a break from the model, and wrote out a preliminary script for Ghastly's Graveyard. 8 pages! I did it just for the hell of it, so don't worry...I'm not pushing for us to start another project. (I design or build on some new thing for a game almost every day).
the_veo:
Jun. 30th, 2004 @ 07:41 pm Luthorian WIP (game version) [update]
The model is finished. It comes in at a bit over 2,000 polys. When triangulated, that should be around 4,000. Next up...texturing.

For the pic, I did a quick test rig...just to make sure the modeling would do well in deformations. And it does.


*Edit*...when triangulated, the model is 3810 polys.
the_veo:
Jun. 28th, 2004 @ 10:45 am Models a-plenty
That's good news on the Grauler. I just wanted to say that I've also begun the game version of the Luthorian Swordsman. I've got a near-complete head right now. I expect that to expand to encompass more of the body within the day.

It's good to be seeing some progress on this project.
the_veo:
Jun. 28th, 2004 @ 09:07 am Grauler WIP
Media: Blade Runner
The grauler is coming along nicely, got some good work in on him last night, the hardest part so far was doing the arm. watching the UT tutorial is basically useless for that b/c they had no real muscle definition. anyway, heres a screen cap, nice early shape if i do say so. 478 polys at the moment, so you can see its still in the early shape, but i'm pleased with the starting shape.

molotovfx: